The Badrinath temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu is located on the banks of the Alaknanda River in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. The Badrinath temple is one of the four dhams which is an ancient temple that is said to have been constructed in the seventh century. The temple of Lord Vishnu is very beautiful and huge. Its height is about 15 meters.
According to the legend, Lord Shankar was discovered in the Alaknanda River on top of the Shaligram stone of the image of Badri Narayan ji.
Construction of Badrinath Temple
Many facts have been told about the construction of the Badrinath temple of Lord Vishnu. In the 16th century, the king of Garhwal lifted the idol and took it to the Badrinath temple and installed it. It is also said that Adi Guru Shankaracharya built the temple in the eighth century. The temple is divided into three parts. Garbhagraha, darshanamandapa and sabhamandapa. Within which 15 statues are installed, 1 meter high black stone idol of Lord Vishnu is installed in them. Let us tell you that Lord Vishnu resides in Baikuntha and Baikunth is considered to be the abode of Vishnu and this temple is called Baikunth of the earth. Therefore God loves this temple and they reside here.
Mata Lakshmi gave Badrinath name
Mata Lakshmi was given to Lord Vishnu by Badrinath, in fact, once Goddess Lakshmi went to her maternal home after being angry with Lord Vishnu. After this, Lord Vishnu did penance to celebrate Mata Lakshmi and Mata Lakshmi saw him doing penance in a Badri forest, since then Goddess Lakshmi gave Lord Vishnu the name Badrinath.
Religious festival of Badrinath
A fair of Mata idol is held in the temple. Which is celebrated in the joy of the arrival of river Ganges on mother earth. In this festival, Badrinath is worshiped with rituals. On the day of celebration in the temple, in the morning there is Maha Abhishek, Gita recitation, Bhagavat Puja and in the evening there is Geetgovind and Aarti.
Badrinath temple opening hours
The doors of the temple are opened around April-May on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya and are closed during winters around October-November. At the time when the doors of the temple are closed, at that time a divine light is lit which lasts continuously for 6 months. A large number of pilgrims are eager to see Akhand Jyoti on the day of opening of the kapat.
Recognition of Badrinath temple
• Badrinath temple is believed that Lord Vishnu made his place at this place and started worshiping as Badrinath.
• In its cave, Ved Vyas wrote the Mahabharata Katha and this was the last stop before the Pandavas went to heaven.
• It is said about the belief of Badrinath that Lord Shiva was liberated from Brahman killing in Badrinath, while the place is known as Brahmakpal.
• It is said that Nar and Narayan, the portions of Lord Vishnu, did austerities for Lord Vishnu, after which in the next life, Nar Arjuna and Narayana were born as Shri Krishna.
• There is a saying about Badrinath that 'Joe Jayen Badri He Na Na Odari' means that the person who goes to see Badrinath. He never enters the womb of mother. Man must go to see Badrinath once in life.
Astro Only is a rapidly progressive name because of the magnificent services in the field of Astrology. Astro Only is attaining new heights of popularity in the field of Astrology day by day .Our brand is becoming prominent in this field because of the authentic and accurate predictions and other services. Your satisfaction is our purpose. It is our prime goal to serve you by enhancing the positivity and enthusiasm in your life. We will be glad to get a chance to serve you with the help of valuable knowledge of Astrology.